Burnie Launch

You are cordially invited to the launch of

Last Days of the Mill


Burnie Regional Art Gallery Wilmot Street Burnie
Saturday August 11 3pm
following artist Lindsay Broughton's floor talk

To be launched by Queenstown-based artist Raymond Arnold

Refreshments will be provided

Books will be for sale at a discount price at the launch but its not too late to pre-order and save even more, just email lastdaysofthemill@hotmail.com


I went right through t’when No. 4 machine closed.
Like, th siren went, I seen th paper roll through th machine,
and that was it.
Th other bloke pulled th cutter up at his end and as I walked up
I cd see th last bit’f paper whippin through th machine.
I felt sad. I nearly cried.
Th whole day was weird.
It was like bein at someone’s funeral.
I was walkin out fr th last time and I chucked me clothes in th bin.
I thought, I won’t be needin these no more.
(from ‘Poke A Stick At’)


We very much hope you can make it. We have written this book to celebrate the town and honour the pulp community, and we would like a large audience of people with pulp mill connections.

For those not on the north-west coast, the book will also be launched in Hobart the following week. We will announce details shortly.


No comments:

Post a Comment